Homemade Spanish Rice


Welcome back everyone! Today I will be sharing a recipe for Spanish rice with you. This recipe is another recipe I have made before myself and I think it is so delicious! It is easy to make, and goes well with most meals. My housemates and I recently had a taco night and I made this rice to go with them. Everyone loved the rice and could not get enough of it.


Ingredients You Will Need:

  • 1 cup of uncooked white rice
  • 2 (14.5 oz.) cans of undrained diced tomatoes
  • 6 tablespoons of butter
  • 2 chopped onions
Optional Ingredients:
  • 2 chopped jalapeno peppers 
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream or as much as needed
  • 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or as much as needed
How to Make the Rice:

Start with a large skillet and add your butter to it. Put the skillet on the stove over medium-high heat and add the onions and jalapeno peppers.

Allow the jalapenos and onions simmer until they are soft. This should take around three to five  minutes.

Once those two ingredients are cooked, you can stir in the diced tomatoes.

After adding the tomatoes you an add the one cup of rice to the mix.

Bring the rice and veggie mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat. Allow the rice to simmer while covered for 40-45 minutes.

At this point, the rice should be complete and you can now add your sour cream and cheese and enjoy! 

When I make this rice I usually just add the sour cream and chees to it, but I have also seen people add salsa to their rice along with the other two toppings as well. Another thing I have seen people do is they add this rice to their tacos or burritos. I have tried this combination as well and it is very good too.

I hope you enjoy this easy to make recipe! Come back to see what else I have to share next time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Visitors